19 December 2010

DIY 20

Ultra fast Christmas pillows

Have you noticed that the last posts have been fast and easy stuff? I think it’s due to the fact that I sort of woke up yesterday and realized that Christmas is basically just around the corner. I have this red dude breathing down my neck all the time going Ho, ho, ho. It`s strange isn’t it that in beginning of December you think you have all the time in the world until D-day or C-day as it may be. But as the days past you get that sinking feeling in your heart that you won’t get round to Christmas this year either. I thought I had a fabulous plan with this count down DIY thing but I just might have fooled myself a tad about the amount of time I would have on my hands. Remember DIY 5 ? That was a whole day of creative work. Now I am down to the 10 minute stuff. Sorry!

So, do you want to give your living room a ”christmassy” feeling ultra fast? Why not make a few pillows for your sofa? This may not sound so fast to you but if you use the shortcut over some old pillows that you’ve already got and some Christmas table runners from the jumble sale you are done in no time.

This is how you do it.

You need a pillow. I had two red ones that got coffee stains on them last year and was meant for the garbage can but were luckily forgotten on the attic. You also need some table runners, any pattern is OK but I chose some that had Christmas inspired pattern. Add some embroidery yarn and a needle and you are all set.



Place the tablerunner on the pillow.



Stich it on with your embroidery yarn. I used cable stitches. Fast and simple.



Done!


I bet it didn’t take more than 10 minutes. So why not make some more while you are at it.

Jeanette

1 comment:

LiLi M. said...

Yep you are so right again....yesterday all of a sudden I realized that in a week Christmas is over and I started stressing...The weather is very snowy, trains aren't working and I still have to buy a lot of presents. Why is there always so much to do in the last minutes???
So you anticipated well with your tutorials! Now is the time for the short cut! I love these pillows! If I can get out of the house I'll be sure on the look for some Christmas runners or fabric. Great idea, thanks!