09 December 2010

DIY 10

Tin can flower pot
Are you planning to bring some flowers to a Christmasparty this year maybe? Why not plant them in a homemade pot? Interested? Then it’s time for some tin cans again since they make so very affordable presents.

Some of my collection....

You need: A tin can (of course), a heavy duty nibbler for dismantling the tin can and a not so heavy duty flush cutter for cutting out the pattern. You also need a sanding paper.

1. Make a template. I made a crown.



2. Trace your template to the tin and cut it out. Use your sanding paper to soften the edges.



3.Paint your tin in any color you like. Depends a bit on the flowers you are going to put in it I guess.



4.Decorate you tin. I used printed photos and decoupage glue. I also glued on some text. The fun thing about decorating it is that you can personalize it to fit the receiver.



Now plant some flowers in it. I plan to put moss and hyacinths’ in mine. But not until Christmas….

Enjoy!
Jeanette