Not really the image I was going for. I am more of a 1970´s Corvette kind of a girl…… To be honest I would much rather live in the Batcave driving the Batmobil.
So when I bought my Volvo I bought a black one hoping it would look a bit more like the Batcar. Fat chance. So I went off and bought myself a dancing Elvis and hang him on my rear-view mirror and a bumper sticker that said “ Do I look like I give a shit”. But I still sort of hated my Volvo. Well I didn’t really hate the car, it’s a great car in fact. I just wasn’t to keen on the image it was giving me. You simply can`t be Catwoman in a Volvo!
So I decided I was going to pimp my car! We have a part of Malmö that is called Möllan. This is a melting pot of cultures - Arabic, Italian, Latin Americans, Vietnamese and Swedes living side by side. It`s a funky place and it is definitely the place to go if you want your car pimped. They have this great Arabic car dealer that’s sells lights that you mount under your car that flashes when your car stands still, and enormous sound systems that makes your feel like you are sitting inside a spin dryer and thousands and thousands of other gizmos and bling bling that makes your car look like no-one else’s. So I entered the shop ......
- Excuse me can I get my car pimped here?
- Eh, what you mean?
- Well I would like one of them flashing light kind of gizmos….. A green and purple one.
- Eh, I make your car good. Best car in the city, your car will be. Were is car?
- It’s the black Volvo right outside there.
I point him in the general direction of my car. And he goes silent.
- Hey lady are you crazy! I can`t pimp no Volvo.
- But why …..?
- I have my honour. I am good Arabic car dealer. No one pimps a Volvo.
And then he delivers the final blow by saying
- You want advice? You go buy a decent car!
So I am stuck with my Volvo looking just like a…..Volvo.
I guess it`s ....
Or I just have to hunt Batman down and marry him!