09 January 2011

Sketch no 3


Last nights sketch and todays embroidery - joy.

What’s with all these angels you might wonder? Well I am not entirely sure myself. I am not a religious person, I don’t believe in god, so angels have no religious meaning for me. I like them that is all. And I am fascinated by all the different kind images of angels that you find in literature, photos, art and magazines. I am mostly fond of the not so angel looking ones -the ones with smudges on their wings from playing in the rain or with their cloaks slightly askew from a flying competition…..One of my favorite books is by the Finnish author Arto Paasilinna who writes about a guardian angel who messes up every mission he is sent on. This guardian angel even gets his wings caught in the swinging doors at IKEA. Now that’s an angel of my taste!

Take care
Jeanette

No comments: