Work had a tear away start. This first week has been crazy. So much to do that I have this constant fear of having forgotten something really, really important and not having a clue to what it could be…..So tired every evening that I just eat and go to bed feeling all hollow inside.
Driving home today I started to think about what the reason could be to this hollow feeling. I don’t really recognize it you see. It most definitely isn’t jetlag, I know that feeling. It is something else. I mean I usually have periods with loads to do and I quite like it when it’s hectic…. I am easily bored. So what is this all about? Then it hit me. I haven’t done anything creative for a very long time or at least for these past two weeks when I have been away. ....and that is a long time for me who usually is up to something creative every evening! The hollow feeling is actually a yearning feeling! A longing for creativity!
Relieved I sat down with a cup of tea, pen and paper and made a creativity list. You know me – I am a sucker for making lists. Anyway this is what I wrote
- Make a chandelier for the crayfish party at my parents on Saturday
- Make an installation for the newly build roundabout down the street. Something knitted perhaps? Or out of moss?
- Knit a sweater from the linen yarn I bought before the trip
- Make a plan for what I want to do out of the fabric I bought in Thailand
- Make a plan for the garden and greenhouse
You know me. I am a sucker for making plans too.......
Or this perhaps?
Some of the fabric I brought home