27 September 2010

How to forget your tooth ache...almost

Today I woke up with a terrible tooth ache and since I have an enormous fear of dentists that’s about the worst thing that can happen to me. I have feared dentists since I was a kid and I would do almost anything to not even have to go on my yearly checkups. My dentist is on the sixth floor and I am eagerly awaiting some “scientific invention” that will make it possible to sedate me in the elevator going up and then miraculously wake me up going down with everything nicely completed. But today the ache was so bad that I actually felt lucky when I phoned my dentist and he had a cancellation…..

Here I am 8 hours later and I still have the tooth ache from hell! Apparently I have an irritated root canal and it will take a couple of days before I feel any better. A COUPLE OF DAYS! I am slowly dying here !!!!

Well, this could have ended a really shitty day if I hadn’t read Heather Woollove`s blog and her post about the 2nd international Day of Felt. A call for felters all over the world to unite and celebrate felt in all shapes and forms. You can read more on about feltunited here.
They say : “Join us – we felt united” and I say YES I will join!

Thank you Heather you saved my day. Now I can start planning for my contribution instead of feeling sorry for myself! But I will have to hurry up though the 2nd of October not being that far away. The color scheme for this years felt is yellow through green to blue which is my favorite colors.


So bye, bye tooth ache and welcome inspiration…..eh, think I might need some painkillers first….then boy will I start creating….




Take care
Jeanette


FeltUnited - 2nd International Day of Felt
October 2nd, 2010

Felt - intertwined, bound together, forever as one – United

2 comments:

LiLi M. said...

This is spooky....
We must have been separated at birth and now doing the same things not knowing of each other. No, no, no unfortunately I cannot felt...but I was at the dentist today too. Yep scared too...but just for a check (for starters). So good that you try to be creative anyway. Good luck with your teeth!

Heather Woollove said...

Oh, Jeanette--

I am both laughing and sad at the same time, reading your post!!
I am sorry for your pain and can truly appreciate anxiety over dental care. Have you ever sought a practitioner who uses nitrous oxide?
Your 'miraculous blog cure' had me in stitches...and I'm not sure too many will believe in it--although I'm thrilled to be able to take credit for some small measure of your being distracted from the pain.
I look forward to seeing your Felt United project!!!
Much love--