13 August 2011

Like sun on a rainy day

The rain we’ve been having these last couple of weeks are driving me insane. I can’t do anything in the garden and I long to start the autumn digging! But there is nothing like a sunflower to cheer you up on a rainy day. Luckily for me they grow all around my country house and I didn’t even have to plant them myself. The farmer who owns the land next to my house is taking part in a project to save the partridges, surrounding all his fields with a border of specially selected plants. Among them are sunflowers!

Lots of them!








I bet the farmer didn’t know he would save not just the birds but my sanity too….

Take care
Jeanette


PS The project is very successful. Mr and Mrs Partridge had 15 little ones, born and raised behind my compost heap.



No comments: