03 July 2010

The sound of silence

Life in the country is noisy. I never thought it would be. The silence carry the sound for miles….I can hear our neighbor coughing 2 kilometers away, Owls wo hooing, Kites screaming, frogs croaking and birds singing. In the evening sitting outdoors with a glass of wine I can hear tiny little mice quickly running about in the grass and a baby field rabbit munching on a particularly yummy leaf.

Most of the time I love the country noise but last evening it got a bit disturbing. Someone was having a hell of a party – in our bedroom. Or more correctly in the ventilation pipe!



Mr. and Mrs. Great Tit had moved in with their kids while we were away and boy were the kids hungry all night long!

Think I’ll sleep in town tonight!


Take care
Jeanette

No comments: