26 July 2011

Addiction



Is there such a thing as yarn buyers anonymous? If there is, I need it – badly! I have SO much yarn. I do NOT need anymore. So what happens? I enter the Salvation Army jumble sale in search of an old cupboard for my country house kitchen but what do I leave with? Yarn of course. I just couldn’t resist it! I blame the fact that it where color coordinated and that the poor bright pink, green and orange/red in the ugly plastic bags simply cried out to me – "bring us home please! "

Usually I get an idea for some creation or other immediately when I see yarn at a jumble sale and that sort of makes me think that it is OK to buy it. But this is cotton yarn. What on earth am I to knit or crochet with that? Granny squares? Suggestions are highly appreciated!

My name is Jeanette. I am a yarn buyer.

Take care
Jeanette

1 comment:

Threads of Inspiration said...

There are a lot of us out there...yarn addicts that is! I love cotton yarn...do you crochet? You could make some sweet little hearts or garlands that would be very happy!