27 February 2011

Paperwork


The word paperwork has a bit of a negative ring to it hasn’t it? A pile of paper, deadlines to make and a very high stress level is what the word usually means to me anyway. But today I did some paperwork that was entirely to my taste – paper mache!

I spent this Sunday afternoon making tiny teacups in paper mache after finding a great pattern at Ann Woods’s blog. Ann Wood is one of my favorite artists and her blog is a treat. She makes the most exquisite little birds in vintage fabric not to mention her owls. She names them all which I think is a very nice way of bringing them all to life. Go make her a visit!

After making three teacups I had so much fun I just had to make tiny little saucers to them too. Now I have to wait for them to dry before I can add paint and other embellishments. No problemo my friends. Not for a woman with my kind of patience. You didn’t buy that ? My luck then that you can’t see me standing here with my blow dryer…
Hope you had a lovely day too!

Jeanette

6 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Hello,

I've just made a cup too, so I wanted to see yours, which look wonderful......and you've made more than one! I just used elmers, didn't have wallpaper paste, and today I'm gessoing it first before I paint. One more day to wait now.
Can't wait to see yours done.
j

LiLi M. said...

Haha! I commented at Ann's blog that I love these! Maybe I can make a papercup tree, but my china cup tree is still blossoming. I haven't had the time to make those though, but of course my twin sister has!

Anna Stilla said...

Jag hittar inga ord som kan berätta hur tacksam och rörd jag känner mig just nu. Tack min fina Jeanette. Du är så snäll, så snäll...

jeanette sandelin said...

går det bra på svenska här tro...
fina, fina foton. ska önska mig en kamera - älskar detaljfoton ♥
fin blogg du har, hittade dig hos anna stilla.
kram från dalsland/

jamjar said...

These are so lovely, i may have a go too. Love your blog, you are so talented and creative, I will add you to my blog roll. : )

Threads of Inspiration said...

I just spent way too much time on Ann Wood's blog! Thanks for introducing her work to me. Printed off a teacup pattern too, and found a great boat pattern as well. So many great projects, so little time...and then there are my own creations! LOL!