22 November 2009

Hard work is the cure for hard work....

I have just had one of those weeks with so much to do that the only thing that keeps you going without actually going insane is to focus on one thing at the time. If you just for one minute let your guard down and start thinking about the enormity of it all your heart starts racing and you end up in frustrated tears. Come Friday night I was speeding fast towards insanity….knowing that I had two more weeks of the same ( or possibly worse) to come before work got back to normal again. I had planed to get some work done during the weekend too but decided that I had to choose between taking a day off or call 911. Well, 112 actually in Sweden.

So I drove down to the country house instead, the sky blue and the sun shining and I could feel my shoulders sinking the closer I got. Hubby was already there building a room on the second floor and I brought him freshly baked bread from the local baker and was greeted with a huge smile and a hug. Life suddenly felt so much better. A feeling that lasted about an hour or so and then the delivery came…..



How could I have forgotten? The firewood we ordered a few weeks ago to take us through the winter and that now had to be stored in the barn. Oh well, I told myself with a cheerful voice (can you hear the irony here?) this beats sitting in front of a computer all weekend….. 3 hours and 26 wheelbarrows later I was done! I was beyond tired but stood and looked with great satisfaction at the two neat piles of firewood in the barn. Do you know what the best of it was? Not once during those three hours did I think about work.

In the evening we drove over to my mothers to celebrate her birthday and I was pampered with a home cooked meal and birthday cake. YUM! And boy did I brag about my firewood !!!!!

Since both my mother and I are crazy about cats I made her one.



In moss.....

Hope you have a great week!
Jeanette


PS Speaking of cats, do you remember Missy`s kittens. Here they are all seven of them in Johannas lap....



7 weeks old but still a bit tiny the Vet said last week so now they are getting cream cheese and kitten food as well as Missy nursing them. Cute aren`t they?

6 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Ohh they are so cute, your moss cat is too, but nothing like the real kitten!

Judie said...

Great entry...made me smile :-D

Sömsmånen said...

That cat is so real it's spooky. I mean the green one. Which one of the others is coming home with you?

Eleanor said...

I love this post! Also, I must say, your English is amazing...I should be used to it by now but I'm still amazed. I also love the fact the Anna wrote in your commentbox in English, makes me feel like part of the gang.

The bit about a walk vs. calling 911 is so true and so funny. I may need to use that phrase myself in the future, if that's alright.

Maria said...

men så coolt med en mosskatt, det har jag aldrig sett förrut.

Jane LaFazio said...

LOVE the moss kitty and the kittens are beyond adorable. Glad your week got better..even if it took stacking firewood to do it.