09 May 2010

Wall hangings


This weekend I finally got started on my exhibition stuff. I have decided to do a textile and recycled theme ….sort of ….and today I wanted to see if I could combine the two. I started on a wall hanging. I have always been fascinated by cross-stitched wall hangings mostly because of the different kind of sayings that people choose to hang on their walls, the messages often encouraging, biblical or down right demanding. I went for a more pessimistic – optimistic approach on mine. I used a vintage wall hanging that I bought last summer but added my very own message and some machine embroidery. I haven’t got a fancy sewing machine so it took some time but I had fun doing it.

The message?

Life sucks, then you die.

If you read that every morning you’re day can only get better!

Take care
Jeanette

No comments: