11 June 2011

D-day

05.00 this morning my alarmclock went off announcing that it was time to get up and hit the road. Yarn Bombing Day was finally here. An hour later I drove me bike up outside my dear creative BFF Anna’s house and we were ready for some guerilla knitting. It was a beautiful morning, sunny and warm and we felt careless and free – two ladies on a creative mission.

First stop was Gustav Adolfs torg – the city square with its statue in the fountain. We decided that it was a good place to start since I would have to walk through the water to reach the statue and not so creative passers by might not share our opinion that a blue knitted bikini was the ultimate outfit for the statue.







Then we just kept going. Unstoppable in our wish to add some color and happiness to the urban landscape.


















Two hours later with our mission finished we celebrated a great and oh so fun morning with breakfast at Systrar&Bröder. Planning new creative adventures.



Thank you Anna for a lovely day. My life would be so much less colorful and fun had you not been my friend!


Take care
Jeanette

2 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Well done ladies!!!
I know for sure that a lot of people had an extra smile today!

Eleanor said...

I ADORE YOU BOTH. SIMPLY ADORE YOU FOR BRINGING ME SUCH JOY.


e